Curbo hopes to deliver on the promise of a vehicle subscription, where a single monthly fee covers the cost of the vehicle, maintenance, even insurance. In fact, the subscription also road-side assistance and a generous 2,000km per month allowance, with more kilometers available when needed.
The platform offers Sedan at $799 per month, and SUVs for an extra $100 (additional options exists as well). Minivan options are expected soon.
The experience is managed through the Curbo app, and members are allowed to switch between sedan and SUV (monthly) as they wish.
The main requirements to become a member include:
- Having a valid G driver license in Ontario
- Being at least 23 years of age
- Having no major criminal convictions or moving violations
- Having no more than 1 at-fault accident in the past 3 years
- The vehicle can only be driven my the assigned member (no insurance coverage for any other driver)
Of additional interest, Curbo vehicles are permitted to be used on Uber, Lyft and other gig economy platforms. However, the driver is responsible to register with desired provider.
For more details, visit the website here https://curbo.io/